Monday, December 28, 2009

56 Things I love

I love nina's post about naming 55 things she loves and I think I will do the same to start out this 2010 new year... Since I will be 56 in January I'll write 56 things I love and some things I don't love.

I love the go for it spirit that laced up ice skates and carried me across the ice at Millenium Park in the middle of downtown Chicago

I also love "The Bean"

And I love Mr. Bean.

I love my Cleo cat and love to smell her neck fur. yes I do, don't judge me.

I love to read and read and read. and then read even more. It is my best habit and my worst habit.

Learning new things takes me a long time but I keep at it. cuz I love to learn.

I love freshly fallen snow.

I love that I can dedicate myself to a job and work really hard at it.

I loved working in the ER, until I didn't.

I love my body even as it does things that flatten me to the wall in horror. Aging is not for sissies.

My favorite city ever - Rome. I love a million things about it. I once spent a whole month there. heaven.

I make the best pesto ever using my own garden grown basil.

I am striving - I will never give up.

I am  sentimental but I hide it.

I love and am proud of my nephews.

Life is grand and is there anything better than to be alive?

I love the TV show Monk. my sister turned me onto it - she tried with House but that didn't take.

I am going to get a dog in the next year and name him Eli. or Olive if he is a girl. Or Bodhi ....

I prefer reading poems that I understand and don't think whaaaaat?

I forgive easily. mostly. then I actually forget about it.

I am my worst critic but I get over it easily.

I love the sound of cardinals in the spring.

I love getting personal mail and packages.

I am lucky to be able to live my life in a way I choose.

My feet are getting bigger.

Nina is right. this is hard.

My favorite book is Pilgrim at Tinker Creek. maybe, ask me tomorrow.

I hate to write but it helps me process my thoughts ...

I love to look at maps.

I love Greece and her history.

I love the book Moon Spinners by Mary Stewart.

I used to have long, thick brown hair.

I love the smell of baking bread, who doesn't.

I love Thai food. chicken satay. peanut sauce. to die for.

I love the virtue of integrity. loyalty.

I love people who are smart and share their knowledge in an interesting way.

I sometimes type in a dyslexic wya. like that.

My thinking is very scattered at times.

I wish I could go vegetarian.

I love Northern California. (sun, fresh produce, my fav port, my oldest friend, did I say sun?) etc,etc,etc....

I like to create.

I prefer Pissaro over Picasso.

I prefer Matisse over Monet.

I still wish on stars.

I actually read the dictionary. I still can't spell.

I am somewhat adventurous. I used to be very adventurous.

I was once a college freshman homecoming queen runner up. don't judge me.

I dislike those smiley faces people use. I use them myself though. I can be illogical.

I prefer to try to think optimistically but generally I end up being pesimisstic. but I try.

I think overcoming and controlling mental illness and learning how to evolve emotionally is one of the biggest challenges society has.

I think the biggest challenge for the far future is how to prevent the sun from exploding. or find a new home before it does. see? optimism. that the human race will still be in existence. what do you think?

I write poetry. mostly really bad poetry.

I love paradox.

I dislike it when a person makes a promise and then does not follow through with it.

my curiosity drives me crazy sometimes.

I am liking the PBS series with Alan Alda "The Human Spark"

I love how time flows when I'm lost in creating something.

I love cleo cat and I love warm fuzzies.

every day is something new. to see. to touch. to smell. to learn. to move closer to.



to be continued

2/15/10

I love cookie cutters and cookie dough

I love my mom's bravery and fortitude since her stroke, she's my hero.

I heart hearts.

I love handmade silver jewelry

I love goat cheese

I love Chambord drizzled over french vanilla ice cream

I love early morning.

I started a.m. yoga. I hate it but I know I will grow to love it. When it stops hurting.

I love Elizabeth George mysteries and I wish she would hurry up with her next book.

I love the quality of patience. I need to practice patience. I'm definitely not good at it.

I love my friends, the ones who know what my insecurities are and don't mind when they appear from nowhere and dance circles all around and scream loudly. My friends just hold my hands tightly in their clasp and smile. And say "look! look over here at this incredible wonder!"

No comments: