Saturday, August 16, 2008

Chicago

Went to the Chicago Cultural Center to see the restored Tiffany Dome. Amazing. (Trying to upload my own photos - I have a new camera and the upload software is not working, bleh) - Each piece of glass was numbered and cleaned and reassembled. The previous times I saw it, it was covered by an outer concrete cover, which totally obliterated the light and airy beauty of the dome. Interesting article from the Chicago Tribune.
_________
We went on the Chicago Architectural Foundation River Tour, I think this is about my 20th time going. I always take folks from out of town on this tour. It provides a wonderful view of downtown Chicago and the skyscrapers and riverfront - The docents from the Foundation offer many interesting facts and stories and scenes are magnificent! I love this tour. if you are planning on making a visit to Chicago, I highly recommend it.
___________________
Next Saturday, I will be canoeing with a group from the Nature Museum. We'll start in the upper North branch of the Chicago River to the Lake Michigan Fork (which goes through the city to Lake Michigan) I am a little nervous but it promises to be a great trip. I'll bring my camera and pray I don't tip in a boaters wake.
__________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: