Dawn Stafford

Elisabetta Sirani 1674
More classes! I'll be taking a beginnning oil painting workshop 8/1-8/2 here *http://peachbeltstudiogallery.com/* with the artist Dawn Stafford at her lovely converted schoolhouse studio in Michigan. I love her paintings and style and I am looking forward to learning from her. I will be bringing and using my grandmother's easel made for her by my grandpa. My gram had the artist gene and painted oils and pastels. She had no formal education but painted beautiful portaits and landscapes. My cousin is a professional artist and my dad drew cartoons. The artist gene bypassed me - I think I would have felt compelled to make art at an earlier age - but I do feel an urge - I feel something in me that wants to paint. I've painted with acrylics and watercolors but I want to try oils which are more difficult - (fun). If you are in Michigan- sign up!
No comments:
Post a Comment