Friday, March 12, 2010

Self Portrait Friday


I'm following Nina's Ornamental  initiative to post a self portrait every Friday. I'm bushed, officially bushed, it's been an emotionally draining day. And I have a chill, hence the overdressed indoors look. It is raining with tremendous cracking thunder and blinding lightening in Chicago. Which is good news because it indicates winter is leaving and spring is arriving with loud proclamations and showy presence. I put out the hummingbird feeders today, they've begun their migration back and sighted in Florida,  Hummingbird Migration Sighting Map  but it's too early for Illinois arrival.


I'm recalling the Chinese proverb "If you keep a green tree in your heart, the singing bird will come." And if I put nectar out, my hummingbirds will come - to redelight and revitalize my heart.

~~~~

1 comment:

nina said...

you are beautiful - and this is my favorite portrait i've seen today.....
i'll be watching for the hummingbirds.....x