
photo by DABrown
This morning I read a post at Collage Diva about Ikebana and was carried back to high school into a literature class where we were studying Japanese culture. I learned about haiku and Ikebana and was totally fascinated. Haiku led to the world of poetry for me. A formalized way of expressing thoughts, ideas, emotions by art. I read and write poems today because of my initial discovery of haiku. I haven't thought about Ikebana in years and was inspired by Collage Diva to dash out to the garden and gather up some remaining vegetation to arrange. my arrangement is not Ikebana but it was created in the spirit of Ikebana, since I don't remember the rules. After I was done --- I noticed this guy. Last night we had temperatures below freezing and suddenly I saw this frost-stunned and half dead bee still clinging to the sedum. He was cozied up deep inside the umbrel of the flower and I had completely missed seeing him. I grabbed my camera and took some photos. The warmth of the kitchen began to revive him into lethargic movement so I scooped him up and carefully placed him back in the garden. I love being surprised, even in the smallest of ways. a reminder, again, to not just look but to see.
1 comment:
Great job on your arrangement. How neat to find the bee! I'm not an expert but one suggestion would be to add a third sedem blossom. The Chinese and Japanese both believe that three, five, seven, and nine are good luck. Four means death - oh my. You really did capture the spirit. My newest arrangement that I did in class today uses orchids. I will post photos some time this weekend. Great job again on your arrangement.
Post a Comment