Friday, October 9, 2009

Henry David Thoreau

that fish has a great view
photo by DABrown


"The question is not what do you look at but what do you see?"
_____Henry David Thoreau

~~~~~~

34 floors up in the sky in my nephew's condo. I felt a little dizzy looking out at the amazing views that spread out in front of me in an almost a 180 degree view. it's possible to see the Sears Tower along with the new step out platforms and the occasional distant flash of cameras. buildings, traffic, streets, windows, the river, boats and people everywhere. the immensity and intricacy of the city and its life is very evident when viewed this high up. his pet fish has no idea how far away from his distant ancestral home he has come. if a fish had ideas. I don't know for sure that they don't, facts don't bear that out, but really, who knows anything for sure? did I mention I've been watching the Craig Ferguson Late Late Show? how did I miss this guy? I've been laughing so hard at his jokes and mannerisms - he's hilarious. seriously, I mean really funny.



________

No comments: