I did the annual sing a long "Sound of Music" at the Music Box Theater this Sunday - which I absolutely love doing. It's as pure as fun can get. Kids and adults dress up as characters and just like the cult followers of Rocky Horror Picture Show we have our own props as well. The best part for me is when we all stand up and bow and keep bowing as the woman who came in second in the Saltzburg Music Festival receives her award. On screen she keeps bowing and bowing, as the audience stands and does the same, all of us turning around and around and bowing to each other. It never fails to put me into a huge laughing spasm. Its simply such good fun - Of course Sound of Music is my all time favorite movie. Thirty years ago when a friend of mine and I went to Europe for a month and we found ourselves in Austria - I insisted we go to Saltzburg. And then we tracked down, on our own, a bunch of places where the movie was filmed. The abbey, the house, (which actually was 2 separate places) The long tree lined road. The church Maria was married in. (not in Satlzburg) The stone gnome statue, the wrought iron gate, the horse fountain, the clipped gardens - many scenes! Total thrill -Monday, December 1, 2008
Annual Sing A Long Sound of Music
I did the annual sing a long "Sound of Music" at the Music Box Theater this Sunday - which I absolutely love doing. It's as pure as fun can get. Kids and adults dress up as characters and just like the cult followers of Rocky Horror Picture Show we have our own props as well. The best part for me is when we all stand up and bow and keep bowing as the woman who came in second in the Saltzburg Music Festival receives her award. On screen she keeps bowing and bowing, as the audience stands and does the same, all of us turning around and around and bowing to each other. It never fails to put me into a huge laughing spasm. Its simply such good fun - Of course Sound of Music is my all time favorite movie. Thirty years ago when a friend of mine and I went to Europe for a month and we found ourselves in Austria - I insisted we go to Saltzburg. And then we tracked down, on our own, a bunch of places where the movie was filmed. The abbey, the house, (which actually was 2 separate places) The long tree lined road. The church Maria was married in. (not in Satlzburg) The stone gnome statue, the wrought iron gate, the horse fountain, the clipped gardens - many scenes! Total thrill -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment