I found an artist who composes beautiful collages and art - Take a look !
http://www.evaisaksen.com/
I've been working on some new collage techniques. I'll be taking Misty Mawn's class with my sister in September at the Valley Ridge Art Center in Wisconsin.
http://www.valleyridgeartstudio.com/programs/workshops.asp
Saw Living Green last night at the Victory Garden Theater. Some great writing - dialog - and terrific acting. I reccommend it -
Today I'm working on the online tests to pass to fufill my final requirements for IMERT (Illinois Medical Emergency Response team) and then I will be assigned call. It's a little weird, I'm getting a taste of what it must be like to be in the military. The chains of command, the precise planning, the strict expectations, the A=B and o my god, the acronyms - it's making me a little nuts trying to remember what they stand for. It seems a little overboard, it's like verbal text messaging - IAGTTBRN - I am going to the bathroom now - hah it hasn't gone that far - yet.
I am used to that type of thinking when dealing with the medical assessment and treatment of a patient - the brain is taught to follow pathways to rule out , diagnose and treat. But this also involves a strict protocol of behavior and code of conduct in working with a team and coordinating a large group of people working different jobs. Very efficient.
Tonight - MacBeth! at Chicago Shakespeare. I'm excited!!
No comments:
Post a Comment