Monday, June 22, 2009

I Really Like This


















And here's why



photos by DABrown
In summer I go to the Oak Park Farmer's Market on Saturdays to stock up on fresh, locally grown food. This is one of my favorite things to do on Saturdays. This Saturday I bought beets, mesclun, arugula, strawberries, a bunch of lemon colored lilies, red and yellow peppers, radishes, 2 Sweet Annie plants and a lemon thyme plant for my herb garden but the best purchase is the fresh goat cheese from Prairie Fruits Farm. One of my favorite foods is goat cheese (!)and their fresh goat cheese is just fabulous. First task was to whip up this salad when we got home. This is why I love summer; in the midwest the window of opportunity to buy fresh produce is very small. So I revel in the scent, color and tastes of this season!
Check out the story of the farm here:
(the salad is a mesclun mix plus additional added arugula, red and yellow peppers, carrots, chopped grilled chicken, sunflower kernels, crumbled goat cheese and homemade herb vinaigrette, yum)
<<::>><<::>><<::>><<::>>

No comments: