Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dark Knight

Saw Dark Knight this evening. First off, how they decided this movie is PG I don't know, it's definitely a R. There's a lot of disturbing images and scenarios that play out that are not for certain age levels. Period! Now with the praise. Heath Ledger is awesome. He was able to pull it off without seeming campy or cartoonish. His Joker is so creepy bizarre brilliant that still I cannot get certain scenes of him out of my mind. Hanging out of the squad car with his head stuck out the wind like a dog - he's crazily looking forward to the oncoming chaos and lapping it up in a frenzy of demented enjoyment. Or at the end with him dangling upside down from a skyscraper with the backdrop of a night scene (in Chicago) with the lights glittering. He says to Batman near the end "I can't kill you, you complete me" and he really means it. Most excellent. I didn't think the movie too long. I'm glad my attention span can still be captured by great entertainment for longer than a sound byte. The scene with the truck flipping was terrific - the audience clapped! And Chicago looks amazingly dark. Thumbs up from me.

No comments: