___________________________
Soot and Ruins
In the village
there were no houses,
or stables, or fences,
only soot and ruins.
And the dead, decaying
in the sluggish winter sun.
When our count was completed,
a flock of wild shadows
screeched above our
heads.
Already the bitterness of dusk
blanketed everything.
We didn't know what to do.
But when someone lit a candle
we were dumbfounded:
from the other side of reality
the dead were staring at us
in surprise,
as if we had never existed.
_____________________________
1 comment:
I must say I was surprised you like Pearljam, but I got more impressed once I read the poetry you have on your posts. I'm not a writer but I made some efforts and stopped when I just noticed Pearl jam had written that had happened in my life. I'm gonna read it al.. hope you don't mind to be a extranger in your pages.
Good bloggin!
Post a Comment